Sheesh it’s hot out there. No way I’m going anywhere near a stove!?
Another summery dish and a riff on sushi. This sushi salad is without rice (I’m still on the grain-free train), but if you’re still loving rice, feel free to add some leftover rice to the mix. My meal tonight with tuna, sweet potato and avo provided a good serve of protein, carbs and fat!
Deconstructed Sushi Salad
- tuna, 185 gram tin
- sweet potato, quarter, diced (and cooked)
- cucumber, half, diced
- zucchini, half, diced
- carrot, half diced
- nori paper, 2 sheets torn into small pieces
- avocado, half
- ginger, 20 gram thinly diced
- alfalfa sprouts, handful
- Dressing – few drops of sesame oil, 2-3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put everything in a bowl
Add other stuff
- Any other protein; smoked salmon/trout, canned salmon, leftover chicken, prawns, egg
- Vegies – add anything salady
- Rice – bulk it up further with leftover rice
- Wasabi in the dressing- I need to replace the wasabi in my pantry! Wasabi really sets it off
- Soy sauce – grain-free means no soy, but I’ve made this before with soy sauce in the dressing. The combination of nori, ginger, soy and rice wine vinegar give that truly sushi-esque taste. Another alternative could be coconut aminos (grain-free), I’ve never tasted it but I understand it’s like soy
What’s your favourite meal on a scorching hot night?