Got leftover pumpkin? Want something warm and filling for breakfast? With added coconut creaminess and nuts?
How about Pumpkin Porridge?
Paleo Pumpkin Porridge
Inspired by Pumpkin N’oatmeal
Serves one (heartily)
- mashed pumpkin, 1/2 cup
- eggs, 2
- coconut milk/cream, 1/4 cup
- shredded coconut, 1/4 cup
- walnuts (or any other nut; slivered almonds or macadamias), handful
- cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- coconut oil
- pumpkin seeds (pepitas), sprinkle
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan
- Toast nuts
- Add pumpkin, shredded coconut, milk/cream, cinnamon into the saucepan
- Beat in eggs
- Heat through until it makes that porridgey ploppy noise.
- Put in bowl
- Spoon on extra coconut milk/cream and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds
Add other stuff
- I made this with leftover Carrot & Parsnip Puree (no cinnamon – more savoury). Could be good with sweet potato too